1. To bolster the foundation of Hakka studies and promote development of Hakka knowledge system, Council for Hakka Affairs (CHA) hereby establishes Hakka Academic Development Commission (the Commission) with the Guidelines for Establishing Hakka Academic Development Commission (the Guidelines) drawn up.
2. The Hakka Knowledge System Development programs refer to the programs CHA subsidizes to assist universities in developing Hakka academic institutions, purchasing and collecting Hakka books and information, conducting Hakka academic studies, publishing quality theses and dissertations on Hakka studies, and other programs approved by the Commission.
3. The duties of the Commission are:
(1)Planning and reviewing program of developing a Hakka knowledge system
(2)Evaluating program of developing a Hakka knowledge system
(3)Other issues regarding program of developing a Hakka knowledge system
4. One convener is to be chosen from Commission members and elected by them. Chairperson of the Commission is to choose from academics and experts 9-11 Commission members, to be employed for one year. Membership can be renewed on expiration.Substitute member’s term expires when term of member substituted expires.
5. The Commission convenes according to the times stipulated in the guidelines of various subsidizing programs. The Commission is chaired by the convener. In the event the convener fails to be present, one member is to be appointed to act on his/her behalf.
6. To carry out review of plan and inspection of results, members are to participate in Commission-administered evaluations depending on circumstances. Plan to implement evaluations is to be determined by the Commission separately.
7. Staff operation of the Commission is to be handled by Planning Office of the Commission.
8. All Commission members are employed without pay. However, members of scholarly and professional backgrounds may receive review and attendance fees according to rules.
9. The funding for Commission-sponsored activities is to be financed by relevant Commission budgets.