The Executive Yuan established the Hakka Affairs Council (hereafter referred to as “the Council”) to co-ordinate Hakka related affairs.
The Council is responsible for the following matters:
1. Policies, system and laws and regulations relating to the comprehensive planning, coordination and promotion of Hakka affairs.
2. Deliberation, coordination and promotion of local and overseas Hakka affairs.
3. Promote the Hakka language, in addition to planning and promoting Hakka proficiency certification.
4. Planning and promotion of Hakka culture preservation and development.
5. Planning, coordination and promotion of Hakka cultural industry development, innovative incubation and marketing guidance.
6. Planning coordination and promotion of Hakka communication media and language culture promotion.
7. Supervision, coordination and promotion of organizations belonging to Hakka culture.
8. Other Hakka related affairs
The Council shall comprise twenty-one (21) to twenty-seven (27) committee members. The Minister of the Council shall nominate related government agency representatives, scholars and experts as candidates for Hakka regional representatives to the Executive Yuan. The term of office of each of the members is two years, and may be continued upon expiration. However, if the member is a related government representative, the term of office of the member is dependent on any changes to his/her position.
The Council shall comprise of twenty-one (21) to twenty-seven (27) committee members. The Minister of the council shall nominate candidates for Hakka regional representatives, related government agency representatives, scholars and experts to the Executive Yuan; serving term of two years which may continue in a second term. The serving term for representatives of related government agencies will adjust depending on job alterations.
The Council shall have a head secretary, with a rank of Grade 12 senior-level civil servant.
The official ranks and number of personnel of each position of the Council shall be separately stipulated in an organization chart.
The effective date of this Act shall be stipulated by the Executive Yuan.